Candler Cook -former University of Georgia football walk-on, Double Dawg, author, and DGD - joins Herschel and Boss to bark about:
- His dream to play football for the University of Georgia starting at a young age
- The experience of going through an 8-month walk-on tryout during his freshman year and ultimately being told he would not make the team
- Eating every waking hour and working out relentlessly to gain over 100 pounds to transform his body so it would be capable of withstanding the rigors of a college football at the University of Georgia
- Facing a second 8-month walk-on tryout only to again be denied his dream of playing for the Dawgs
- Why he never let outside opinions keep him from catching his dream
- The phone call to his family to let them know he had made the team as a walk-on prior to his junior season
- What it's like running out of the tunnel at Sanford Stadium for a Georgia home game
- Achieving the dream of playing in front of the Georgia faithful Between The Hedges
- The decision to write a book - "From Underdog to Bulldog: My Journey as a College Football Walk-On" - and share his incredible story
Go Dawgs, Sic 'Em!
Please give Candler a follow on social media and get yourself a copy of his book, "From Underdog to Bulldog: My Journey as a College Football Walk-On" - you will be so inspired!
Get your copy of "From Underdog to Bulldog": https://www.amazon.com/Underdog-Bulldog-Journey-Football-Walk-ebook/dp/B07PHPX8JB
Give The Saturday In Athens Podcast a follow on social media:
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.